Our housing waitlist is now full.
We will no longer be accepting housing applications at this time. Should the current situation change we will update our website accordingly.
Affordable homes from a good landlord
Trust House Rental Housing provides affordable rental homes to low income individuals and families in our communities who need them most.
Trust House owns and manages almost 500 rental homes, from 1-bedroom units to 4-bedroom houses, in Masterton, Martinborough, Featherston, Pahiatua and Dannevirke.
We have been a community landlord in Wairarapa and Tararua since 1999. And in 2014 we became New Zealand’s first registered social housing provider in the government’s new social housing scheme to make rents even more affordable for people on low incomes.
Information for tenants
What we expect from responsible tenants
- You keep your home clean and tidy.
- You keep your home smoke-free, pet-free and damage-free.
- You inform us of any repairs required (including damage) as soon as possible.
- You are a considerate neighbour.
- Your rent payments are kept up to date.
What to expect from us as a responsible landlord
- We match the right people with the right home.
- Most of our rents are below the national average.
- We fully comply with our responsibilities under the Tenancy Act.
- We will do periodic inspections of your home, with prior notice.
- We will deal with all your repairs and maintenance requests when required. And we’ll provide a 24/7 service for urgent maintenance.
- Most of our homes have been insulated under the Healthy Homes scheme.
- We provide thermal drape curtains and 10 year smoke alarms.
Talk to us
Call or email our Housing team, or drop in to our Masterton office for a chat. We’re here 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
(06) 370 0522 or Freephone: 0800 878 700.
Level 1 – 4 Queen Street, Masterton.
If an emergency occurs outside of normal working hours needing an immediate response, please phone us on the freephone number 0800 878 700 and you will be put through to our on-call Housing Officer who will help you.
Report a housing repair online now