Trust House owns and manages almost 500 rental homes, from 1-bedroom units to 4-bedroom houses, in Masterton, Martinborough, Featherston, Pahiatua and Dannevirke.
We have been a community landlord in Wairarapa and Tararua since 1999. And in 2014 we became New Zealand’s first registered social housing provider in the government’s new social housing scheme to make rents even more affordable for people on low incomes.
Trust House is proud to be a member of Community Housing Aotearoa (CHA). Our Chief Executive, Allan Pollard, is currently one of the Co-Chairs of the Governing Board of CHA.
Want to rent your home from us?
- Apply and meet
Fill in an application form for rental housing and bring it in to your local Housing office with photo ID. We’ll talk with you about what home you need. Then we’ll check if any available houses might suit you. If nothing is available right away, we can waitlist you until something comes up.
- Check and view
When a suitable house is available, our policy is to do a credit check for you before we take you to view potential houses.
- Agree, sign and move in
If everyone agrees the terms and you’re happy with the home, you’ll be required to sign the Tenancy Agreement and submit the bond, plus advance rent. Then you can move in.
What we expect from responsible tenants
- You keep your home clean and tidy.
- You keep your home smoke-free, pet-free and damage-free.
- You inform us of any repairs required (including damage) as soon as possible.
- You are a considerate neighbour.
- Your rent payments are kept up to date.
Why rent with us?
- We understand that our house is your home – and we’ll make sure it’s maintained. Since 1999, we’ve invested more than $20 million in improving and maintaining our rentals – things like heating, insulation, fencing, redecorating, and concreting driveways.
- We listen to our tenants. When you call our office, you’ll speak with a local who knows your neighbourhood.
- We have a good reputation. Officially. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment approved us as New Zealand’s first registered community housing provider in 2014. This means that if you’re on a low income and you become one of our new tenants, you might be eligible for an extra rent supplement. To find out more, contact Work and Income.
What to expect from us as a responsible landlord
- We match the right people with the right home.
- Most of our rents are below the national average.
- We fully comply with our responsibilities under the Tenancy Act.
- We will do periodic inspections of your home, with prior notice.
- We will deal with all your repairs and maintenance requests when required. And we’ll provide a 24/7 service for urgent maintenance.
- Most of our homes have been insulated under the Healthy Homes scheme.
- As a responsible community housing provider, we are committed to insulating all our homes in future.
- We provide thermal drapes, and smoke alarms with batteries.
Home – Trust House Rental Housing Newsletter
Talk to us
Call or email our Housing team, or drop in to our Masterton office for a chat. We’re here 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
(06) 370 0522
6 Queen Street, Masterton
Fill in an application form for rental housing
We’re a free local call away *
Masterton, 370 0522
South Wairarapa, 304 9548 (Martinborough and Featherston)
Pahiatua, 376 6009
Dannevirke, 374 5240
* Calls are a free local call from a land line. A charge may apply if you call these numbers from a mobile phone.
If an emergency occurs outside of normal working hours needing an immediate response, please phone us on any of the numbers above and you will be put through to our on-call Housing Officer who will help you.